Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is my variation of the Zero Point Soup from Weight Watchers. The original recipe had cabbage in it and since I'm not a fan of cabbage, I changed it up a little bit. Sometimes I add chopped chicken to individual servings for added protein.
Top Review by John M.
Love this soup It is my go to soup for cold weather. Have made it several times Added a can of garbanzo beans to the 8 serving version and a cup of frozen peas just before it's done. So good and warming.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can vegetable juice, V-8
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup canned green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium saucepan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 more minutes.