Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my variation of the Zero Point Soup from Weight Watchers. The original recipe had cabbage in it and since I'm not a fan of cabbage, I changed it up a little bit. Sometimes I add chopped chicken to individual servings for added protein.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can vegetable juice, V-8
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup canned green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Spray a medium saucepan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 more minutes.
We enjoyed this but next time I will just add regular diced tomatoes, not the RoTel type as it turned out a bit too spicy for me. But that is just a personal preference.
Wonderful soup & although I did follow the ingredient list (except that I used a homemade vegetable stock rather than chicken), I increased some amounts, using an additional half cup of carrots & celery, & almost 3/4 cup more of freshly steamed beans! Great vegetable combo, I thought! Thanks for sharing this very nice recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
I really like this soup. It is very filling and I love that it is so low in calories. It really hits the spot when you are hungry but don't want to ruin your diet. Thanks for sharing! I will make this again soon. Made for Gimme 5 Tag.