1/1 Photo of Ww Friendly Chili
We enjoyed this super fast and easy chili, however I made this on a day when I just wanted to use what I had in the house, so made some changes to the recipe. For example, the original recipe called for 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans - as I didn't have any I used some frozen corn in its place and for the 1 can of black beans I used 1 can of scarlet runner beans which looked more like black kidney beans. Very good chili which although different with my changes was enjoyed by all. This is a very mild chili--but the chili powder can be increased substancialy for a bit more heat. If following the WW flex plan this is 5 points/serving (1 cup with 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream)! Recipe source: WW magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (I think this can probably be skipped and lower the points of this dish)
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used a red bell pepper because that is what I had on hand, the original recipe specifies a yellow )
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (you may need more chili powder for chili with more heat, see note in description)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or use the corn as I did, see note in description)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (see note in description)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 scallions, sliced (optional)
- 1In a large pot or dutch oven heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add beef and cook until browned (3-5 minutes).
- 3Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili powder and cumin; cook until vegetables are soft (3-5 minutes).
- 4Stir in tomatoes and beans (see my changes in the description), and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chili is thickened (15-20 minutes).
- 5Serve topped with sour cream and scallions, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Friendly Chili
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 374.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 25.3 g