Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Well it means Whole Wheat, but this was adopted after joining Weight Watchers many years ago as a low point breakfast
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- spritz nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat a non stick griddle pan, frying pan, or electric griddle to medium high heat.
- Mix well egg, milk, splenda, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Soak bread in egg mixture until just absorbed.
- Spray pan lightly with non-stick spray.
- Cook soaked bread on each side until golden brown and egg is cooked (about 3 minutess per side).
Very good, we enjoyed the addition of the cinnamon and vanilla. Also appreciate that the recipe is a healthier take on the usual French toast.
What a wonderful change. We loved the touch of vanilla and cinnamon. DD and I had it for breakfast along with some turkey sausage. She thinks that if you use day old bread or just leave the bread out overnight it would give a more firm texture. Made for PAC spring 2010. Thanks for posting. :)
Delicious healthy breakfast