1/1 Photo of Ww Fish and Chips
1 hr 15 mins
Recipe source: WW Magazine (May 2007) If following the WW Flex plan this is 8 points with each serving being 1 fish fillet, 1 cup of potatoes and 1 1/2 tablespoons tartar sauce.Just add a simple tossed salad for a complete low-point meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets (catfish, tilapia,red snapper or your favorite firm fish fillets)
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and cut into sticks
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 egg whites
For the tartar sauce
- 1Pour the buttermilk into a zip-lock bag or marinating dish, add fish, turning to coat fish.
- 2Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning bag or fish occasionally.
- 3Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4Line two rimmed cookie sheets with foil, placing a rack in one of the pans.
- 5Spray the second pan with Pam or your favorite cooking spray, preferably one with olive oil.
- 6Add potatoes to pan (sprayed with Pam) and sprinkle them with 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; tossing to coat.
- 7Spread potatoes evenly in pan and spray with Pam (with olive oil).
- 8Bake potatoes for 30 minutes.
- 9While potatoes are cooking, in a pie pan or on a sheet of wax paper combine the cornmeal, Old Bay Seaoning, and the remaining spices (1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper).
- 10In a second pie pan or bowl beat egg whites until frothy.
- 11Remove fish fillets from buttermilk, discarding buttermilk.
- 12Dip fish in the egg whites, coating both sides of fish, and then in the cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
- 13Transfer fish to a clean sheet of wax paper of a plate.
- 14Spray both sides of fish with Pam and then transfer fish to the pan with the rack, placing fish on top of the rack.
- 15Repeat with remaining fish.
- 16Bake fish until done about 15 minutes or when fish is golden broth and opaque in the center.
- 17While fish and potatoes are cooking, make the tartar sauce by combining the tartar sauce ingredients; mayonnaise, scallion, pickle, and lemon juice, in a small bowl.
- 18Serve fish with potatoes and tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Fish and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 657.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning