1/11 Photos of Ww Fettuccine Alfredo
This is an outstanding dish. I always add some shrimp and mushrooms to the dish. I know the shimp adds more points but it is so worth it. Without the shrimp and mushrooms you get 7 points per serving. Serving size is 1 cup. Serve piping hot while it's creamiest. Happy eating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese, divide
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (cooked without salt or fat, about 8 oz uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. (this is where I would add the shrimp).
- 2Add garlic; saute' 1 minute.
- 3Stir in flour.
- 4Gradually add milk stirring with a whisk until blended. (I would add mushrooms here).
- 5Cook 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 6Add cream cheese, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until cheese melts.
- 8Pour over fettuccine; toss well to coat.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 578.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g