Recipe by Bonnie G #2
This recipe came in one of my Weight Watchers flyers and once I was able to find the Farro I gave it a try. I enjoy healthy grains and is a protein rich grain with a nutty flavor, slightly chewy. And only 3 smart points per serving
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked pearled cracked farro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, for cooking farro
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine farro, salt and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered until farro is tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain well and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, parsley, onion, vinegar, oil and salt.
- Add farro to tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.