Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Originally called for 1 T O.J., changed to 1t lime (or more). From Woman's Day 2/06
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot chipotle chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb sea scallops or 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix first 4 to make the dipping sauce.
- Mix next 3 in a plactic bag.
- Put scallops in bag and shake.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or non-stick fry pan- med -high, add layer of scallops, cook about 3 min., turn only once so they brown. (If you keep turning them, the coating comes off in the pan.) Cut a scallop, if white inside, it is done. Serve with sauce.