Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this recipe when started the weight watchers program and it is delicious!!! Just 3 points.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Old Bay Seasoning (careful cause it has some salt on it)
- Worcestershire sauce
On the top of the fillets
- 2 small zucchini, peeled and grated
- pecorino romano cheese, grated (just a little bit)
- On a big frying pan spray some cooking spray and bring it to heat. When the pan is hot, bring it to a medium low heat and put the chicken fillets. DON'T TOUCH THEM until you see that it is starting to cook around the edges (it will start to turn white all around but it will still be pink on the top). Then turn them and bring the heat to low.
- Put the grated zucchini over each fillet and them sprinkle just a little bit of Pecorino Romano. Let it be there until the chicken is cooked and you see that the zucchini turned into a clear almost translucent color and the cheese is melted (You will get the impression that every thing in there is cheese).
- My kids didn't notice there was zucchini on it and asked for more. It is delicious, very juicy and the leftovers I like to slice and let it sit in the fridge to use the next day on a salad or another recipe.
- If you want you can add some chopped tomatoes before adding the zucchini and cheese and it will be more like parmesiana.
- Hope you like it like me and my family did. And I apologize for my poor English -- I am from Brazil and speak Portuguese. :-).
Tatianna thanks for a GREAT recipe and by the way - your English is MUCH better than my Portuguese . Made this after seeing Lorilyn's picture in PAC 08. Really enjoyed it, nice and moist w/a good blend of flavors. Wish it had told how to mix the ingrediants but I followed Lorilyn's directions (but used the worcestershire sauce) and it was great. Lorilyn's you will HAVE to try this WITH the sauce!! I did use the tomatoes & it made for a nice touch. At only 3 points I'll be making this often.
Everyone really liked this chicken recipe. You've got a real nice flavor combination here. The zucchini was a nice addition & being able to cook it with the chicken & still end up eating a light dinner (not like a stew) was a real treat. The combination of ingredients & flavor earn 5 stars, but I'm only rating 4 stars because the instructions never tell you when or how to use the lime juice, salt & pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay Seasoning or worcestershire sauce. I sprinkled all the dry seasonings on the chicken, then put the chicken into the pan. To the pan I added the fresh squeezed lemon juice. It wasn't until the chicken was nearly cooked that I realized I'd forgotton to add the worcestershire when I put in the lemon juice, so I left it out altogether. DH could only find plain romano cheese so that's what we used. We'll make this again in the future. Thanks, Tatiana! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2008.