Recipe by teresas
This has only 8 WW points. Out of a 1999 cookbook called "Quick Cooking for Busy People" that's me!! For a quick meal serve with a salad and some warm sourdough bread. DH rated this excellent! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I made this for dinner tonight using fresh dill, minced garlic and fat free evaporated milk. The sauce was a little thicker than I liked so I may add a little more evaporated milk next time. But the flavor was right on. Thanks for a quick and easy meal that the whole family enjoyed.
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 large)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb peeled deveined large raw shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions, lemon juice, and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add shrimp, and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside.
- Add half-and half, cream cheese, and dillweed to skillet, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Return shrimp to skillet, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Combine shrimp mixture and pasta, tossing well.
- Serve immeditately.