Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was modified from one of my WW recipes. My family loves this soup. It's not your typical taco soup recipe with the addition of the A-1. Not overly thick, nice body and interesting taste. Quick and easy!! (Very, very low on WW points!)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 15 ounces corn, undrained
- 30 ounces tiny new potatoes (canned and drained)
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, undrained
- 15 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 30 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (one packet)
- 3 2⁄3 ounces black olives, sliced (larger can)
- salt & pepper
- Brown beef and drain well. (I season my ground beef with a little Kosher salt and pepper while it's browning).
- In large stock pot combine all ingredients and heat to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Entire recipe takes about 15 minutes and that includes browning the beef.
- My DH doesn't like the potatoes in the soup, so we just don't put any in his bowl.
- Serve with some shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Overall this soup was pretty good.... I held the A-1, potatoes, and olives... but I liked the general flavor. It was so amazing how the refried beans primarily served as a thickening agent!!! I will definitely make it again, only next time, I might use a little extra taco seasoning in the soup and cook some of the seasoning with the meat.