Recipe by Lyssie71
This was modified from one of my WW recipes. My family loves this soup. It's not your typical taco soup recipe with the addition of the A-1. Not overly thick, nice body and interesting taste. Quick and easy!! (Very, very low on WW points!)
Top Review by ms mcd
Overall this soup was pretty good.... I held the A-1, potatoes, and olives... but I liked the general flavor. It was so amazing how the refried beans primarily served as a thickening agent!!! I will definitely make it again, only next time, I might use a little extra taco seasoning in the soup and cook some of the seasoning with the meat.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 15 ounces corn, undrained
- 30 ounces tiny new potatoes (canned and drained)
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, undrained
- 15 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 30 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (one packet)
- 3 2⁄3 ounces black olives, sliced (larger can)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and drain well. (I season my ground beef with a little Kosher salt and pepper while it's browning).
- In large stock pot combine all ingredients and heat to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Entire recipe takes about 15 minutes and that includes browning the beef.
- My DH doesn't like the potatoes in the soup, so we just don't put any in his bowl.
- Serve with some shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.