Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is out of an old WW magazine. It says: It's the ice cubes (a frozen concoction of orange juice, cranberry juice, white wine, and orange liqueur) that work Cupids magic in this sparkling cocktail. As the cubes melt, the drinks turn a gorgeous blush and the flavor becomes wonderfully intense. Enjoy this cocktail on any romantic occasion. Cooking time does not include freezing time.
- Combine the orange juice, cranberry juice, wine, orange liqueur, and sugar in a bowl; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- To serve, fill 2 tall glasses with the frozen juice cubes.
- Slowly fill each glass with seltzer.
- Garnish each serving with strawberries.
- Note: To make a frozen version of this cocktail, fill a blender with the ice cubes and a splash if seltzer. Blend at medium-low speed just until the mixture is smooth. Pour into 2 martini or margarita glasses, then garnish with the strawberries.
When I read through the ingredients in this drink and I saw that it contained seltzer water, I had to make it. You see...I'm an addict to seltzer water, so...I really enjoyed this drink. Very refreshing and the good thing is it doesn't contain a ton of calories. Like a previous reviewer, Anacia indicated, as the ice cubes melt, the flavors are released and the better it gets. I doubled the recipe to fill a full tray of ice cubes. Thank you TeresaS for a drink I can over-load on without any guilt. Made it for PRMR.
The truth is that the first sip wasn't so great. The reward is in being patient and allowing the ice cubes to start melting. This is a real sipping drink because the slower you sip the better it gets. Perfect for summer chillin' on the deck.
Loved it, I'm not much for wine by itself but this is a really tasty way to serve it. I imagine this would be lovely to sip poolside in summer..much enjoyed. Thanks for posting!