Recipe by r_mess
I modified this recipe from one I got at a WW meeting. 4 points for the whole pie - 1 point per serving. It can be put in a low fat graham cracker crust but don't forget to count the points. I'M MODIFYING THIS RECIPE BECAUSE I'VE FOUND THAT I LIKE IT BETTER IF I USE A LITTLE MORE WATER AND IT'S EASIER TO SPREAD IN THE PIE PLATE IF YOU ADD THE STRAWBERRIES TO THE SAUCE BEFORE HAND. THIS DOESN'T CHANGE THE POINT VALUE. RM
Top Review by Artsy Chef
A good low fat and sugar free way to use up some fruit. It is better with the dollop of fat free/sugar free cool whip though. This was very easy to make. I will use the sauce the next time I make a strawberry pie too. One friend suggested making a crust with sugar free macaroons. I'll have to try that next time. Of course that'll add calories.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry banana flavor gelatin
- 1 (7/8 ounce) boxcook and serve fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- fat free sugar-free Cool Whip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bananas into a pie plate (if the bananas are on the bottom they'll be covered and won't turn brown).
- Dissolve Jello in 1 cup of boiling water, dissolve pudding mix in 1/2 cup hot (not boiling) water. Combine jello and pudding and microwave on high for 2 minutes. ADD STRAWBERRIES TO SAUCE GENTLY STIR UNTIL FULLY COATED, POUR OVER BANANAS.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of FF Cool Whip.
- NOTE: I AQUIRED THIS RECIPE AS A CRUSTLESS PIE, BUT I'VE ALSO DIVIDED THIS AND PUT IN INDIVIDUAL CUSTARD CUPS.