Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I modified this recipe from one I got at a WW meeting. 4 points for the whole pie - 1 point per serving. It can be put in a low fat graham cracker crust but don't forget to count the points. I'M MODIFYING THIS RECIPE BECAUSE I'VE FOUND THAT I LIKE IT BETTER IF I USE A LITTLE MORE WATER AND IT'S EASIER TO SPREAD IN THE PIE PLATE IF YOU ADD THE STRAWBERRIES TO THE SAUCE BEFORE HAND. THIS DOESN'T CHANGE THE POINT VALUE. RM
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry banana flavor gelatin
- 1 (7/8 ounce) boxcook and serve fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- fat free sugar-free Cool Whip (optional)
- Slice bananas into a pie plate (if the bananas are on the bottom they'll be covered and won't turn brown).
- Dissolve Jello in 1 cup of boiling water, dissolve pudding mix in 1/2 cup hot (not boiling) water. Combine jello and pudding and microwave on high for 2 minutes. ADD STRAWBERRIES TO SAUCE GENTLY STIR UNTIL FULLY COATED, POUR OVER BANANAS.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of FF Cool Whip.
- NOTE: I AQUIRED THIS RECIPE AS A CRUSTLESS PIE, BUT I'VE ALSO DIVIDED THIS AND PUT IN INDIVIDUAL CUSTARD CUPS.
A good low fat and sugar free way to use up some fruit. It is better with the dollop of fat free/sugar free cool whip though. This was very easy to make. I will use the sauce the next time I make a strawberry pie too. One friend suggested making a crust with sugar free macaroons. I'll have to try that next time. Of course that'll add calories.