5 hrs 10 mins
Got this out of an old WW magazine. I love Sauerbraten and I hope this one is delicious. My Quick Sauerbraten has lots more fat and calories but it's excellent. I haven't made this one yet. But hope to soon. It says the longer you let this savory German specialty marinate, the sharper its flavor will be. Serve it over boiled potatoes, spaetzle, or no-yolk egg noodles. Cooking time does not include marinating time. Magazine shows: 140 cal, 3 g fat, 45 mg chol, 56 mg Sod, 10 g Carb, 2 g Fib, 18 g Prot, 26 mg Calc
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the vinegar, onions, caraway seeds, garlic, bay leaves, and pepper to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 2Let cool, then pour into a large zip-close plastic bag; add the beef.
- 3Seal the bag, squeezing out the air; turn to coat the beef.
- 4Refrigerate 1-3 days, turning the bag about every 8 hours.
- 5Mix the beef and marinade with the carrot, parsnip, and broth in a slow cooker.
- 6Cover and cook on high until the beef is tender, 4-5 hours.
- 7With a slotted spoon, transfer the beef and all but 1/2 cup of the vegetables to a platter.
- 8Cover loosely with foil and let stand while making the sauce.
- 9Skim off and discard any fat that has risen to the surface of the cooking liquid.
- 10Discard the bay leaves.
- 11Transfer the remaining 1/2 cup of vegetables and the cooking liquid to a food processor or blender; add the gingersnaps and puree.
- 12If the sauce is too cool, pour into a medium saucepan and heat to serving temperature.
- 13Pour over the beef and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Crock Pot Sauerbraten - 3 Pts
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast