Recipe by Lyssie71
This is a fantastic soup! It's so bright tasting and so low fat!! It definitely does NOT skimp on flavor and is WW friendly. This is NOT a taco soup...it's more like a salsa soup. Give it a try, I'm sure you will NOT be disappointed. :-)
Top Review by Ang11002
I made this today as my last recipe for PAC. What drew me to it was the way you combined the cilantro, jalapeno, parsley, corn & onion! So interesting! I had to omit the powdered milk unfortunately as I couldnt find it anywhere. This soup was very tasty and next time I may increase the jalapenos as I like a kick to my food. Thanks again!
- 1 lb ground chicken breast (or very lean ground beef)
- 1 jalapeno (or two, depends on your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 15 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained & rinsed (or black beans)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken breast (or very, very lean ground beef), add water, bullion cubes, diced tomatoes, pinto beans and spices to browned meat.
- In food processor, grind up onion, parsley, cilantro, creamstyle corn and jalapeno. Add mixture to the pot.
- Simmer for a few minutes and then lower heat. Add powdered milk and cheese, when cheese is melted it is ready to serve.
- Serve over baked tortilla chips, which is optional for additional WW points. We used the light tortilla chips and found they got slimy. (IEW!) So, we'll opt for no chips in the future.