Recipe by Audrey M
What is great about this recipe it is ony 4 WW points and it is easy to assemble.
Top Review by ms mcd
This soup was pretty good... I added a teaspoon each of tarragon and thyme to give the soup a little more flavor which helped.... I couldn't get the soup thick enough.... but my biggest issue was that the soup was not filling at all. I am typically a single serving girl, but at 1 and 1/2 servings, still found myself hungry.
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large chopped carrot
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice (2 cups uncooked)
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, carrot and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour slowly and blend.
- Gradually add broth.
- Next, stir in chicken, rice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over med. heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Lastly, blend in milk and cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Garnish with fresh diced chives.