Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a filling, low points salad. If you really want to make it lower points, cut the amount of couscous you use (my usual couscous is 9 points per cup). I actually use 1/3 cup couscous for 3 points and leave out the olive oil from the dressing to make it really lean. As written, this recipe provides a total of 12 points but using 1/3 cup couscous and no olive oil gives 3 points only. Serves 2 as a lunch or up to 4 as a side dish. Cook time includes half an hour for the salad to chill in the refrigerator. This is easy to increase for large groups or take-to-work lunches.
- Heat the broth to boiling, or crumble a stock cube into 3/4 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the couscous to the hot broth, cover and leave to "cook"- about 5 minutes. Then allow to cool while chopping the salad veggies.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and finely dice the cucumber, bell pepper and spring onions/ scallions.
- Make the dressing- pour into a small jug or bowl the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper and whisk until the two liquids are completely blended together.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Add the salad veggies to the couscous and stir.
- Drizzle the dressing over and stir to mix.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and for the flavours to blend.
- Serve and enjoy!
Wanted to keep this a veggie dish so used some homemade vegetable stock & it worked just fine! Seasoned the dressing with a bit of lemon pepper & we had a winning dish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday's a Holiday tag]
Scaled this back to 1 serve for the DM and myself and served with a deli roast chicken quarter to make a great lunch. Thank you Shuzbud, made for Everyday A Holiday.
great recipe! im not on WW but I love this salad, the only thing I do differently is sub balsamic instead of red wine vineger.