Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
Make and share this Ww Corned Beef and Cabbage With Red Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean beef round
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 small uncooked red potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 16 baby carrots
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- Coat beef all over with salt and pepper and place in a large stockpot; pour enough water over to cover. Add seasonings and bay leaves, stir to coat meat and set pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots and cabbage and return to a boil, increase heat to medium, partially cover pot and boil, until vegetables and beef are fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain water from meat and vegetables, reserving 1 cup of liquid; discard bay leaves.
- Slice meat crosswise into thin slices and serve with vegetables. Pour some reserved liquid over each serving.
This was very bland. The beef did not taste like corned beef. I prepared mine in a crockpot on low. Adding the meat first then the carrots and potatoes (I added onions) and then the cabbage at the last 2 hours. It needed sooooo much salt - not sure if that had to do with the cooking method.