Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a core plan recipe, but does have 2 point per cup.
- 1 large onion
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix (full package any brand)
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drain if canned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) candiced Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Saute onions in skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. In large soup pot adding the tomatoes.
- Next add the refried beans
- Then add all the other ingredients along with sauteed onions.
- Stir well.
- Bring to simmer, allow to simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Remember: do not drain the beans, do drain the corn if canned.
This was good and easy to make but for me it needs a few changes. This tasted more beany then like a taco soup to me. I couldn't even taste the taco seasoning. Next time I think I would drain the beans and then if needed, add more taco seasoning. I even let it sit for a day and thought the taco taste would draw through but it didn't. This is good but just needs more of a taco seasoning taste for me. I love the refried beans in this, makes it real creamy.
I have made more than a few taco soup recipes, and so far, I like this one the best. I think it is the refried beans that make it for me. Gives the soup a creamy texture and adds to the flavor. Thanks for sharing--I'll be making this one again.