Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
For a change, I bought grits and this is the recipe I created for a quick breakfast.
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking grits
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves, sugar free By Polar
- 3 -4 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- Mix grits, salt and water in a deep bowl. Microwave on high for 4 minute (do not stir).
- Stir in preserves, milk and Splenda.
Very nice. I have to admit that my favorite way to eat grits is with a ton of butter and brown sugar. That said, it's not the best way for my waistline. This is much better. I used sugar free peach preserves and the taste was lovely. I will probably microwave for about 30 seconds longer next time as mine were a tad crunchier than I like. But an easy fast breakfast. Thanks.