Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have seen many variations of the recipe. Definately a favorite core food item.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Preheat oven 350.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a pie pan w/cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 min or until set.
We love this! It's a great base for some of my favorite things. We add mushrooms, onions, ham, artichokes, tomatoes and on and on and on. Tonight we've added chicken and tomatoes for a healthy easy dinner. It's loaded with nutrition!
I added some sauteed mushrooms and onions to this recipe to give it a bit extra and it was really good. I am just starting the core program and this is really a helpful satisfying recipe. Thanks!
I've made this a couple of times and it is excellent!