Recipe by Oh! Sherrie
Weight Watcher Core Plan one-skillet supper. If you cant find the fat free cheeses, use skim and count the points.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic then drain.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt into hamburger mixture and mix well.
- Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, then cover, simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- If desired, sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.
- Mix cheese mixture.
- Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture in skillet.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella, if desired.