A yummy alternative to pizza that follows the Weight Watchers Core program.
Make and share this Ww Core Polenta Crust Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced (about 1/2 medium pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, sliced (about 1/2 medium pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup small red onion, sliced (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1⁄8 cup mushroom, sliced (about 8)
- 3 -4 ounces vegan sausage links, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- spray two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with nonfat cooking spray
- Line the bottoms of each pan with circles of parchment paper.
- To make polenta, put the water, cornmeal, salt, and seasonings into a large microwavable casserole dish or 1-quart measure.
- Cook at full power for 4 minutes.
- Stir well and cook again at high power for 2 more minutes.
- Stir again and cook at high power for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, stir in the olive oil, and beat with a spoon until completely smooth.
- Spread the polenta evenly in the bottom of the two pans.
- Place the pans in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, prepare your toppings.
- Sauté the vegetables lightly in a non-stick pan until onion begins to soften.
- After 12 minutes, take the crusts out of the oven and invert them onto a large baking sheet, side by side.
- They should fall right out of the pan with the parchment paper stuck to them. Peel away the parchment.
- Spread each crust with pizza sauce (don't use too much or they will be soggy) and top with veggies and vegan sausage.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic.
- Return to the oven for about 10 minutes, until toppings look done.
- Lift off the baking sheet carefully using a large spatula and your hand--they are not sturdy like regular pizza, so be careful not to let your toppings slide off.
- Cut into fourths and serve.