1/2 Photos of Ww Core Polenta Crust Pizza
Oh! Sherrie's Note:
A yummy alternative to pizza that follows the Weight Watchers Core program.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato paste, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced (about 1/2 medium pepper)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, sliced (about 1/2 medium pepper)
- 1/4 cup small red onion, sliced (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1/8 cup mushroom, sliced (about 8)
- 3 -4 ounces vegan sausage links, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1Preheat the oven to 425.
- 2spray two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with nonfat cooking spray
- 3Line the bottoms of each pan with circles of parchment paper.
- 4To make polenta, put the water, cornmeal, salt, and seasonings into a large microwavable casserole dish or 1-quart measure.
- 5Cook at full power for 4 minutes.
- 6Stir well and cook again at high power for 2 more minutes.
- 7Stir again and cook at high power for another 2 minutes.
- 8Remove from the microwave, stir in the olive oil, and beat with a spoon until completely smooth.
- 9Spread the polenta evenly in the bottom of the two pans.
- 10Place the pans in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- 11While the crust is cooking, prepare your toppings.
- 12Sauté the vegetables lightly in a non-stick pan until onion begins to soften.
- 13After 12 minutes, take the crusts out of the oven and invert them onto a large baking sheet, side by side.
- 14They should fall right out of the pan with the parchment paper stuck to them. Peel away the parchment.
- 15Spread each crust with pizza sauce (don't use too much or they will be soggy) and top with veggies and vegan sausage.
- 16Sprinkle with chopped garlic.
- 17Return to the oven for about 10 minutes, until toppings look done.
- 18Lift off the baking sheet carefully using a large spatula and your hand--they are not sturdy like regular pizza, so be careful not to let your toppings slide off.
- 19Cut into fourths and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Core Polenta Crust Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan sausage links