Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This WW recipe is unbelievable. I would pick this over any fatty salad dressing even if I didn't know it was core. My friend gave it to me out of a WW Book (Thanks, Dionne) and we can't stop raving about it! I would x's the recipe by 3 or 4, it keeps for 2 wks. in the refrig.
- 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I used grated & added a little extra to make it thick)
- To make the dressing, puree the buttermilk, mayo, lemon juice, oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender. Add 2 T of the cheese and blend until combined.
- If you choose to make a traditional Caesar you will need: 1 (16-or18-ounce package romaine hearts, cut into bit-size pieces. 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar-seasoned croutons.
- Place the romaine into a large bowl:add the dressing and toss to coat. Add the remaining 2 T of cheese and toss to combine. Divide the salad among 6 large plates and top with croutons. Serve at once.
- Per Serving: (2cups): 90 cal, 6g fat, 1g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 6mg chol, 325 mg sod, 7 g carb, 2g fiber, 4g prot, 102mg calc. POINTS value:2.
- Good Idea: For a main-dish salad, add 3 cups cooked peeled shrimp or 11/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast with the dressing in step 2. The per-serving POINTS value will increase by 1.
This was really good! Not quite as good as regular but still really tasty and I don't feel like I'm dieting when eating it. I also like how easy it is to throw together and that I have all of the ingredients on hand.
Wow! Its so creamy and full of flavor that it's hard to believe that it has less than half the calories of regular caesar dressing... unless you told them, nobody would ever know! Another bonus is how quick and easy this was to throw together, and it tastes so much better than the bottled stuff. This recipe will be one that I use often! Going strait to the keeper file! Thanks so much for sharing such a great recipe!
The dressing is now my favourite of all time. Thank you for sharing.