- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (3 points)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch (2 points)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons diced red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 2 inch pieces (separate the white from the green)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and minced garlic.
- Stir in beef strips.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together water, soy sauce, 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, splenda, and red pepper; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Cook and stir beef in hot olive oil for 1 minute; remove, and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the same pan.
- Saute carrots and white part of green onions for 2 minutes.
- Stir in green portion of the onion, and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in sauce mixture and beef.
- Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.