1/2 Photos of Ww Core Meatloaf
1 hr 15 mins
This is a very flavorful meatloaf that qualifies as a core recipe for Weight Watchers. I love onions, so there are lots, but obviously you can adjust the onions and the spices to taste. I rarely measure spices unless following a recipe, so all measurements for spices are approximate. Also, I almost always use ground turkey, but this could be made with ground beef. There are a lot of steps here, but none of them are very hard and can be done quite quickly. Don't be afraid of using oats. Once cooked, you cannot tell the oats are there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place fennel seeds in a small, non stick pan over medium high heat on your stove top to roast. Occasionally stir or shake seeds as they roast. Roast until seeds start to appear a bit golden in color instead of greenish, about 2 minutes. Be careful, they will go from toasted to burnt very quickly.
- 3Place the diced onion and olive oil in a non stick pan, sprinkle with salt and saute. To avoid burning, add the minced garlic to the onions after a few minutes. Saute onions and garlic until tender.
- 4In a large bowl, combine turkey, oats, whisked eggs, sauteed onion and garlic, fennel seed, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and about 3 tablespoons of the canned tomato sauce, reserving the remaining sauce. Combine well using your hands or a large spoon.
- 5Spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Turn meat mixture out into the baking dish and form into a rectangular loaf that ends about an inch and a half from the sides of the pan. I like to flatten the top of the loaf and then form an indentation around the top to make a lip. This helps to keep the tomato sauce on top of the loaf.
- 6Pour the remaining tomato sauce on top of the loaf spooning some onto the sides of the loaf.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Core Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 676.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: