Oh! Sherrie's Note:
This hardy WW core recipe is a favorite at my house. You can top it with core guacamole and Fat Free Sour Cream Serve and serve with a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/4 cups cold water, with
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (I used 2 cubes, you could probably use stock instead)
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes (Ro-tel brand works)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole no-sugar-added kernel corn (with juice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark no-sugar-added kidney beans
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Combine cornmeal, water and chicken bouillon in a medium saucepan; whisk or stir constantly over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- 3Spread in a 9 X 13-inch baking pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, green pepper, and canola oil.
- 5Add chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- 6Add tomato paste, Ro-Tel, corn, and kidney beans, and mix well.
- 7Spread mixture evenly over the cornmeal mixture and top with 1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese (Can substitute soy cheese).
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Core Fiesta Tamale Pie in a Pan
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 903.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added kernel corn
no-sugar-added kidney beans
fat-free cheddar cheese