Recipe by Oh! Sherrie
This hardy WW core recipe is a favorite at my house. You can top it with core guacamole and Fat Free Sour Cream Serve and serve with a green salad.
Top Review by DPar
This is a great recipe even if you are not on a diet. My daughter is a vegetarian so I make this with vegetable broth and divide it into two cake rounds and brown 1/2 pound of burger and put it on one of the pans. We have done it before without any meat, with the beans and the cheese there is enough protein anyway.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1⁄4 cups cold water, with
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (I used 2 cubes, you could probably use stock instead)
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes (Ro-tel brand works)
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole no-sugar-added kernel corn (with juice)
- 1 (16 ounce) candark no-sugar-added kidney beans
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine cornmeal, water and chicken bouillon in a medium saucepan; whisk or stir constantly over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Spread in a 9 X 13-inch baking pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, green pepper, and canola oil.
- Add chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Add tomato paste, Ro-Tel, corn, and kidney beans, and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over the cornmeal mixture and top with 1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese (Can substitute soy cheese).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.