Recipe by Oh! Sherrie
This core plan friendly, creamy corn chowder is perfect on a chilly day. Count points for flour, but it has less than a 1 point value for entire recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup raw potatoes, peeled diced 1/2-inch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup water
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add celery, onion, and green pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium; and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Add gradually to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.