Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe for a cold day. I got this off of weight watchers website. I am not a big fan of rosemary, but it makes this recipe extra delicious. I personally did not make my own mashed potatoes, instead I used instant. Enjoy!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium & simmer 10 minutes, until fork tender. Drain potatoes, transfer to large bowl & add sour cream and margarine; mash until smooth, season with salt for taste.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion,carrot, & celery; cook until soft. Add meat and cook until browned. Add flour, rosemary, thyme, salt & pepper. Stir to coat. Add broth and bring to a simmer, simmer until mixture thickens.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a 9 inch, deep dish pie plate. Spread mashed potatoes over top and using a back of a spoon, make decorative swirls over the top. Bake until potatoes are golden about 30 minute Enjoy!