These have been created for the Weight Watchers Plan but they do not contain any wierd ingredients so they can be enjoyed by all! If you are following the plan, One point per cookie.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Coat two nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cocoa, margarine and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer.
- Add applesauce and vanilla.
- Beat to blend.
- In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into cocoa batter and mix well.
- Shape dough into 48 marble size balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake until set, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to stand for one minute.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Store extra cookies (if there are any!) in freezer safe containers to maintain freshness.
These are delicious when using flavored applesauce such as strawberry. I made these this past Christmas and they were a huge hit with the family.
These cookies are delicious! My 8 year old and I made these. I didn't have any margarine, so I used butter. I'd like to try them again with margarine. Thanks for the great recipe! I just made these again to have some for Santa Clause. They made up quickly. This time I used maragine as called for and they came out great! Thanks again!
You gotta love a low-fat but delicious chocolate cookie! I made these for a Christmas party so I could enjoy a few treats while still staying on track with my WW points. While they are a tad drier than a more traditional fudge cookie, they are still moist and delicious. Even the kids loved them! You do need to make them rather small to keep them 1-point size. My mouth AND waistline thank you for sharing this recipe!!! :)