Prep 14 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe actually tastes and looks like the real thing (pretty much). A great alternative for Cheesecake lovers who don't want to give it up. 5 points for 1/12. Found at razzledazzlerecipies.com
- 10 reduced-fat oreo cookies
- 226.79 g fat free cream cheese
- 226.79 g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml fat-free cottage cheese
- 9.85 ml almond extract
- 6 egg whites
- 177.44 ml mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Crush cookies and sprinkle cookie crumbs evenly over bottom of pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheeses on lowest speed until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- In a food processor or blender, purée cottage cheese until smooth. Add cottage cheese and almond extract to cream cheese mixture; beat until smooth. Add egg whites and beat until well blended. Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into springform pan; top with remaining chocolate chips and bake until cheesecake puffs and center is almost set, about 60 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Run a knife around sides to loosen and release pan sides. Cover and chill overnight. Cut into 12 slices and serve.
Very good, not as good as Junior's, but when you are trying to lose weight, this comes awful close!
I followed the recipe exactly, except I subbed non fat plain yogurt for the cottage cheese, and this saved me from having to puree the cottage cheese in the food processor. Thanks for submitting this, and also for showing me that I can have my favorite dessert and still be "legal"!