Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Jan/Feb edition of WW magazine.
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring to a boil in a large saucepan the potatoes and enough salted cold water to cover. Reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, approx 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine buttermilk, chipotle, salt & pepper in a 1 cup glass measure stirring until blended. Set aside.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and mash until blended while pouring in the buttermilk.
Had these last night with meatloaf.They are good but next time I will add more of the pepper in adobo as we love things extra spicy.Dh threw in a big glob of butter to his as he knew these were from ww and just had to do that to me.I am trying to get him to eat healthier too but he resists.For good mashed potatoes that are good for you these are great!I left the peel on as recipe did not say so I assumed.That was the right thing to do.Will be making these again and frequently.Thank you!