Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a weight watchers recipe. Each serving is 4 points. But weight watchers or not, it tastes great!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unpacked brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 20 ounces lean boneless pork chops, four 1/2 inch thick chops
- 1 lb green beans, steamed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat broiler and coat broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, sugar, cumin and garlic powder.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and stir until paste forms.
- Rub paste onto both sides of each pork chop, place on prepared pan and broil 4 minutes on each side until inside is no longer pink.
- Serve with string beans drizzled with fresh lemon juice.
Didn't do the green beans, but the rub was awesome. Even my gf, who's not a fan of pork (unless it's ham or bacon), really liked it. Next time, though, I'll double the rub to make sure I've got enough to fully cover the pork chops. When I tried this recipe, I skimped on the rub, only putting it on one side at first, then rubbing the other side after flipping in the broiler. This left a paste on top that was far too much. Don't do it this way. Just double the rub and you're good to go. The rub soaks into the meat so wonderfully, that all you need is the extra you'll get by doubling to have some delicious chops.
Yum Yum Yum!!! This had so much flavor! The rub added just the right amount of flavor. Thanks so much for posting, we will definately have this one again! :)
I didn't try the green beans, but the pork chops with the rub had a very good taste, just needed more rub. I will fix again and double the recipe for the rub.