Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick low-fat casserole that I threw together one night when I was low on tortilla shells.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- canola oil cooking spray (3 sprays)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- low-fat sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- diced green pepper (optional)
- Lightly spray pan with oil and brown ground turkey. Mix Tabasco with the tomato sauce and pour over the browned turkey. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Spray bottom of 9 x 9 casserole (with lid) and cover with the tortilla shells. I tear them and place them so they cover the entire bottom.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on the shells, spread refried beans over the cheese and then top the beans with your turkey and tomato mixture.
- Cover the top with the crushed chips and remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake until the cheese is bubbly. Remove the lid and let the cheese brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Great topped with lettuce, sour cream, salsa, diced peppers and onions.
Wow! This is fabulous! I followed it exactly using ground turkey and chipotle-flavor tabasco sauce. I didn't even need any of the additional toppings -- it was great as is. I did throw some sliced jalepenos on the top for a little kick. So great! I will make this often, thanks for sharing. :)
I came upon this recipe and it looks great, I will probable try it. But, I just want people aware that Food.com is not adding in the tortilla's or the refried beans (which are packed full of points), when calculating the nutritional facts, which is where the 4 pts are coming from, it seems to me at least!!!
Very good! I used refried black beans with jalapeno and added chopped zucchini and a touch of taco seasoning. My husband usually complains about ground turkey or chicken, but ate half the entire dish with NO complaints tonight! Thanks for a simple quick WW recipe that I will be making again!!