Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Weight Watchers International Cookbook. This book does not list the nutritional information so I don't know the exact number of points. By the ingredients, my guess would be 4-6 points.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces onions, finely diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Layer the chicken in an oven-to-table casserole.
- Brown onion and pepper in heated nonstick skillet at moderately high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Add chicken bouillon and paprika and bring to a boil; pour over chicken in casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Ten minutes before serving, add buttermilk to casserole dish.
- Mix well and bake 10 minutes more until buttermilk is heated.
- Serve chicken with the sauce well mixed.
Very easy to throw together and pop in the oven! I found that the sauce was way to watery in texture even after cutting back on the chicken stock. Next time I will only use about 3/4 cup stock and then follow as directed.
Just wanted to clarify that the recipe as presented is 6 points per serving (verified using WW's online calculator). That said, 1/2 pound raw chicken is a lot for one doing portion control so one could reduce the points by simply dividing this into 5 portions. It looks good and I'm planning to make it soon.
This was good. I loved the flavor of the sweet hungarian paprika, green pepper, onions and the buttermilk. I was hoping the sauce would be a bit creamier, so maybe next time I will cut down a bit on the broth. Thanx for the recipe!