Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very tasty. Hope you enjoy it as we do!
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with onion flakes.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey and garlic powder and pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Spread green peppers and mushrooms evenly over chicken and continue to bake, covered 20 or more minutes until mushrooms are tender.
Trying to eat healthier, I have been combing the 'zaar for some healthier recipes. This was very tasty for being 5 points. I thought I had onion flakes and didn't, so I used onion powder instead. It still turned out really good. We will make this again.
Just switched to the Flex plan and in search of simple recipes that fit within my points range. I made one small substitution, replacing the flaked onions for 2 tablespoons of diced onion and otherwise made as presented. I turned my chicken over before adding the mushrooms so that the broth would fully permeate the chicken breasts. With the juices of chicken the soy and honey, the chicken and mushrooms poach in the oven. I enjoyed the combination of soy and honey and thought it worked well with the other components in the dish. (Like Cookin' Jo I used low sodium soy and thing regular would have been overpowering.) These flavors might have been enhanced with the addition of a wee bit more pepper or perhaps some ginger.
Wonderful chicken dish! It's a good thing I made this with 6 chicken breasts because 2 of my "men" went back for seconds. Lovely flavour and very easy to make. The addition of a few vegetables and the low calorie and fat aspect are a bonus. I made a couple of minor changes, substituting red pepper for green and using low sodium soy sauce. Next time I will increase the chicken breasts to 6 without increasing the sauce. The additional sauce wasn't needed. Thanks Redsie. Fantastic recipe for those of us who like to watch our calorie and fat intake :)