Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my variation of a real diet buster; Swiss Enchiladas by Pierre Dance. Our family loved Pierre's recipe so much, that when we started WW, we just had to make a low fat recipe. Enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix chicken, chilies and salsa in a small bowl.
- Mix the salt and cream in a large shallow dish.
- Heat the Oil in a frying pan over med-high heat.
- Fry the tortillas one at a time for a few seconds til they start to blister and turn soft.
- Immediately dip each one in the cream mixture.
- Put a large dollop of the chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll it up.
- Place in an ungreased baking pan; flap side down.
- Pour remaining cream over roll enchiladas; sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes for 20 minutes, or till heated through.
I haven't made this yet, but plan to soon. For those on WW this comes out at 10 Pts. on my WW calculator, so be aware of what you add to the rest of the meal. Maybe a nice tossed salad.
This was an amazing recipe. It tasted great (although i replaced the chiles with green bell peppers and white onions). I definitely look forward to making this again.
Loved the flavor of these enchiladas! My only complaint was the sauce was too runny--like milk, but maybe it was because I had to use flour tortillas? I will definately try this again with the fried corn tortillas.