Recipe by BouncyChef
Full meal 10 ½ points. You can make this and freeze it for lunch. YUM! (supposedly feeds 4, but DH and I ate the entire thing!)
- low-fat cooking spray
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green chilies, de-seeded, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons tikka powder
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dried red lentils
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 10 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large non stick frying pan and spray it with low fat cooking spray. Add the chicken and stir fry over a high heat until it is evenly browned.
- Add the onion, potatoes, carrots, garlic, chillies and curry powder to the pan. Stir well so that all the ingredients get an even coating of the curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, chopped tomatoes, stock and seasoning, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring from time to time.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.