This recipe is from a Weight Watchers Cookbook. Use two spoons when dropping your dumplings: one to scoop up the dough the other to push the sticky dough into the soup. Once you add the dumplings, don't allow the soup to come to a boil, or the dumplings will fall apart.
My Private Note
cup chi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup diced celery or 2 celery ribs
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots or 3 medium carrots
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (32 ounce) container reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 11. Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; saute 10 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, broth, water, and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- 22. While soup simmers, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, rosemary, and salt into a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixtures resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist.
- 33. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls into simmering chicken mixture. Cover and cook over low heat 11 minutes (do not let soup boil). YIELD: 6 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 3 dumplings).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for WW Chicken and Herb Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 350.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth