Recipe by ellie_
posted for Zaar - world tour - France. Recipe source: Great Cooking every day. WW points = 5 points per serving
Top Review by Bekah49036
Okay so I'm not going to rate this because, well mine collapsed on me. It was my first attempt at a souffle and was overall unsuccessful. However, the flavor was great and my bf said the soupy cheese mixture would be great on crackers, lol. Hopefully next time things will work out better.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk (1 %)
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- In as small cup or bowl stir the flour into 3 tablespoons of the milk until smooth.
- Pour the remaining milk into a large saucepan.
- Whisk flour/milk mixture into milk in sausepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the cayenne. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl, then add the yolk mixture into the cheese mixture, whisking to combie.
- In a mixing bowl of an electric mixer, beat all 4 egg whites until foamy. Add remaining salt (1/4 teaspoon). Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites with a rubber spatula.
- Scrape mixture into a 3-quart ungreased souffle dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.