Recipe by teresas
This is really an excellent dessert!It is out of an old weight watchers cookbook called "Simple Goodness" It has only 5 points. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by 2Bleu
So good and easy! I made this a bit different, as another reviewer, I made the caramel sauce, then poached the pears (sliced) in the sauce. Then topped as directed. I would definitely use the almonds, as they provided great taste and texture to this very light and yummy dessert. :)
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 medium firm ripe pears (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons slice almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Remove pan from heat; set carmel mixture aside.
- Peel and core pears; cut pears in half lenghtwise.
- Arrange pear halves, cut side up, in an 8 inch square baking dish; drizzle caramel mixture over pears.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place 2 pear halves in each of 2 dessert dishes; spoon caramel mixture evenly over pears.
- Top each serving with 1 tbls yogurt and 1 tsp almonds.