Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This soup is only 2 points.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 46 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 45 ounces kidney beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- 10 3⁄4 ounces Ro-Tel tomatoes
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat well.
- Mix all ingredients together in crock pot. Cook on Low for 4 - 6 hours.
- This soup freezes well and taste better when reheated.
Got this recipe for my sister.Boy was it good.The second them she made it with ground chicken and the beans were white beans it come out very good
Simple and tasty soup! I used a store brand V8 juice, 1/2 packet of Good Seasons Italian All Natural Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix 0.7 ounce, ground sirloin, and omitted the Ro-Tel as even the mild flavor is to spicy for us. This is a very good and filling soup that doesnt taste like a "diet" soup at all. I love cabbage and this was perfect for me. Would make this again and serve to family and friends. Made and reviewed for Belly Warmers: Soups And Stews - January Event in the Cooking Photo Forum.