Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is out of and old Weight Watchers cookbook...under the new program there's 3 pts...this makes a great sweet-and-sour side dish...pairs well with roasted meat or poultry...try it at Thanksgiving.
- 1 (10 ounce) package Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Trim the tough outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts; slice off the stem end and cut a small x in the bottom of each sprout.
- Put the sprouts in a steamer basket; set it in a sauce pan over 2 inches of boiling water.
- Cover tightly and steam until the sprouts are tender but still bright yellow-green, 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the cranberries, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
I used 1/2 the sugar cranberries in this and we enjoyed this lovely side with ham steaks and biscuits this evening. Simple to put together and very tasty. Made for For Your Consideration game.