1/2 Photos of WW Broccoli and Parmesan Souffle
1 hr 8 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this on the Weight Watchers Site and with Points Plus it's only 3 points per serving. I love souffles, they are so empressive (IMHO) and what could be better than broccoli and parm - YUM; Serve as soon as it comes from the oven - but no peeking before hand as with all souffles it sinks fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray.
- 2Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil; cook broccoli for 4 minutes. Immediately remove broccoli from pot and plunge in a bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking; when cool, drain and set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan, combine flour, milk and garlic; set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, pepper and egg yolks; cook until thick, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in broccoli; set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat all six egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into broccoli mixture, a little at a time, until combined.
- 5Immediately spoon broccoli mixture into prepared dish and bake until eggs are set, about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve immediately. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- 7Swap reduced-fat Cheddar cheese for the Parmesan if you prefer. And/or use cauliflower instead of broccoli (could affect PointsPlus value).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for WW Broccoli and Parmesan Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 344.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g