Prep 15 mins
Cook 53 mins
Found this on the Weight Watchers Site and with Points Plus it's only 3 points per serving. I love souffles, they are so empressive (IMHO) and what could be better than broccoli and parm - YUM; Serve as soon as it comes from the oven - but no peeking before hand as with all souffles it sinks fast.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil; cook broccoli for 4 minutes. Immediately remove broccoli from pot and plunge in a bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking; when cool, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine flour, milk and garlic; set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, pepper and egg yolks; cook until thick, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in broccoli; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat all six egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into broccoli mixture, a little at a time, until combined.
- Immediately spoon broccoli mixture into prepared dish and bake until eggs are set, about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve immediately. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- Swap reduced-fat Cheddar cheese for the Parmesan if you prefer. And/or use cauliflower instead of broccoli (could affect PointsPlus value).