Prep 14 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is 4 PointsPlus points for 2 pieces of Zucchini! Plus it's really easy to make and a crowd pleaser! Got off of the WW site.
- nonstick cooking spray, 1 spray
- 4 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated & divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce red wine
- 1⁄4 medium lemon, quartered for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Scoop out seeds from zucchini; chop and reserve flesh. Arrange zucchini halves, cut side-up, in prepared pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon cheese, parsley, beef and chopped zucchini flesh; mix well.
- Fill each zucchini half with a heaping tablespoon of beef mixture; spread into an even layer. Sprinkle beef with remaining tablespoon of bread crumbs; drizzle with oil and wine.
- Bake until beef is cooked through and zucchini is tender-crisp; about 30 minutes. Remove to a serving platter; garnish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and tablespoon of cheese. Serve with lemon wedges. Yields 2 zucchini halves per serving.