Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is out of the WW cookbook called "15-Minute Cookbook" dated 1998. I have it marked as being really good! It's a quick and easy dish to prepare. I have just used chopped onion in place of the frozen. If you do use the frozen make sure to drain well so gravy isn't watered down. Hope you enjoy.
- Combine first 3 ingredients; stir well. Shape meat mixture into 4 equal patties, 1/4 inch thick.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Place patties in skillet, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- While patties cook, thaw onion by placing in a strainer or colander under warm running water. (I just chop up fresh, about 2 1/2 cups). Drain well.
- Transfer patties to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Add onion, sugar, and vinegar to skillet; cook 4 minutes over medium heat or until onion mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour onion mixture over patties, and serve immediately.
I followed the recipe as written other then I used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy. This was different but good. Easy to make.
I loved the sweetness and sour of the onions. I used fresh onions. Is a keeper. Made for 123 Hits.
Very good and easy! I also used regular onions, chopped and dh put his on bread too! Thanks for sharing this keeper!