1 hr 10 mins
This warming casserole can be made ahead, tightly wrapped and frozen until needed. Perfect for hectic holiday times! It came off of the WW web site.This recipe is part of our Cook Once, Eat All Week series.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray (1 spray)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (es)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 12 ounces raw lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley or 1 tablespoon oregano or 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 500ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread tomatoes and zucchini over sheet. Roast vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2Meanhwile, in a large, nonstick skillet, sauté beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- 3Spread beef mixture in a large, shallow baking dish (3 quart or 9 X 13-inches) and top with roasted vegetables. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- 4Whisk together cottage cheese, egg yolk, cheddar cheese, herbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon over roasted vegetables and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- 5Bake until very hot and bubbling around edges, about 35 minutes. Cut into six equal pieces and serve immediately. (Note: If preparing casserole in advance and freezing it, make sure to thaw it completely in the refrigerator before baking it. Increase the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 375.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 24.5 g