Recipe by ellie_
This is an alternative to diet sodas and iced tea and is easy to make - the basil does have a 30 minute sitting time though and it's better if it's made early in the day so the lemonade is very cold. If following the WW flex plan this is only 2 points/cup, but I imagine this would also work with no cal sweeteners which will then will 0 points. Recipe source: WWM (July 2007)
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 cups ice
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) container frozen lemon juice, thawed (we use Minute Maid frozen lemon juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring 1 cup water and and the sugar to a boil, cook until sugar dissolves (5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Fill a pitcher with the ice.
- Strain the sugar/basil syrup into pitcher through a sieve, discard basil.
- Stir in remaining water (3 cups) and the frozen lemon juice.