Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If following WW flex plan this is 6 points/serving. Recipe source: WW Magazine (January 2008)
- 236.59 ml barley
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried oregao)
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- In a saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil and then stir in barley. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat heat oil.
- Stir in the next 6 ingredients (onions - oregano) and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in barley and cook until heated through.
GREAT! I made a half recipe as directed. I thought I would need to add salt or more seasoning but it was very nice as is. This has hardly any broth so if you prefer a soupier soup I would double the broth, tomato paste and oregano. Also those 3 things were not mentioned in the instructions but I added them in the last step. Made for the Zaar tag game.