Recipe by ellie_
If following WW flex plan this is 6 points/serving. Recipe source: WW Magazine (January 2008)
Top Review by Engrossed
GREAT! I made a half recipe as directed. I thought I would need to add salt or more seasoning but it was very nice as is. This has hardly any broth so if you prefer a soupier soup I would double the broth, tomato paste and oregano. Also those 3 things were not mentioned in the instructions but I added them in the last step. Made for the Zaar tag game.
- 1 cup barley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried oregao)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil and then stir in barley. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat heat oil.
- Stir in the next 6 ingredients (onions - oregano) and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in barley and cook until heated through.